Nelson's Monday Musings for January 6, 2020
“And the winners are…”
Since the Golden Globes were handed out last night, “red carpet season” is officially underway. Here at SWCA World Headquarters, we’re ramping up for an awards season of our own. While we’re in the construction industry, we’re not expecting Gucci or Prada. Heck, we won’t even have a red carpet – but we’re going to be presenting our Construction Champion Awards during the lunch session at the Construction Executive Summit on February 6 at the Hilton.
These awards are given to the General Contractor of the Year, Subcontractor of the Year, Supplier of the Year and Rookie Member of the Year.
As with any good awards program, it’s wise to build a little suspense; so, with no further ado … the nominees are:
- General Contractor of the Year: Halbert Construction Services LLC; Tapani Inc.; Robertson & Olson; Catworks Construction
- Subcontractor of the Year: North Fork Landscape; B&B Tile & Masonry; Tradesmen Electric; Tapani Underground; Anchor Concrete
- Supplier of the Year: Materials Testing & Inspection; CalPortland; Cadman
- Rookie Member of the Year: Tapio Construction; Columbia Rock Products; Northwest Bark Blowing; Gaynor’s Automotive
(Special note to those nominated: If you haven’t yet registered to attend the Construction Executive Summit, please do…so we will be sure you’re there in case you win!)
Just a quick reminder of a couple of other events:
- Thirsty Thursday, Thursday, Jan. 16 at Main Event downtown, 4-6 p.m.
- Member Open House, Wednesday, Jan. 22 at SWCA World Headquarters, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Construction Executive Summit, Thursday, Feb. 6 – Keynote Speakers Stacy Allison (“Beyond the Limits: Lessons from Everest”) & Chris Cline (“Current State of Economics & Construction”), Hilton Vancouver, 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Register here: www.swca.org/summit
- Free parking in the Fifth Street lot south of the Webber Building to the first 70 vehicles, courtesy of Gaynors Automotive
- SWCA Summit Reception, presented by Gaynors Automotive, to follow.
- Other sponsorship opportunities are still available – feel free to give us a call!