WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?We are a general contractor, based in Vancouver, Washington. We work in the commercial and light-industrial construction sectors, completing projects throughout Oregon and Washington. Our customers are top priority with an emphasis on understanding their needs so that we can exceed their expectations. We take pride in our people, work and accomplishments as a team. Our team has mutual respect for one another and will step in to help out at any given time. We know that smart accomplished people are the reason for our success; it is because of our team that we continue to grow. My question for you is, will you be the next one to join our exciting company?
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF THE FIELD SUPERVISOR?
First, our clients are the reason we are here, their experience working with our team from the first impression to the day they are handed the keys to their new facility, they know that we care and their project is important to us. In addition, we have other supporting team members and guests we work with frequently: professional consultants, subcontractors and vendors. As fellow team members, developing new and nurturing current relationships is important. As a collective, we provide the highest level of service and quality products. Success in these relationships is achieved by excellent communication, trust, positive energy and by helping one another.
The philosophy is simple; “Win-Win-Win” for the Client, our company and supporting team members!
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?We are looking for a person of quality, that is professional, offers a clean presentation and has a naturally warm and inviting personality.
- 10-years’ experience running commercial/industrial construction projects in the $2mm - $5mm range
- Proficient in all aspects of construction; Site/civil, ground-up, new construction & renovations
- Familiar with private and public sector construction projects and processes
- Knowledgeable in special inspection requirements
- Understand processes, communication and documents; submittals, SDS and RFI’s
- Journeyman level of any trade with a general knowledge of most other common trades
- Ability to generate short-interval schedules (i.e. 3-week look-ahead)
- Fluent at reading and interpretation of blueprints, specifications and shop drawings
- Possess strong leadership skills and able to manage project resources (i.e. labor, deliveries, subcontractors, etc.)
- Lead discussion at weekly job site safety meeting
- Able to work with computer, generate and respond to emails and complete project paperwork (i.e. daily reports, etc.)
- Willing to work both In-town and Out-of-town
- Great communicator
- Team player
THIS FULL-TIME POSITION INCLUDES:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Generous benefits package including health and dental insurance plans; which is a 100% paid premium plan (option for family coverage at the employee’s expense)
- 6 paid holidays per year
- Paid Vacation (1 week after 1-year, 2-weeks after 3-years)
- Potential year-end bonus
FUTURE:There is always opportunity for growth and potential for advancement.
TO APPLY:Please email your resume and if inclined, a “thoughtful” cover letter, to explain specifically why you are the right fit for the role and our company. Email to SWCA at email@example.com. SWCA will be sending qualified applications to the hiring general contractor.
Applicants only, please, we DO NOT accept submissions from recruiters.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class. This position is subject to a 90-day probationary period.