The SWCA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) with the mission of enhancing Southwest Washington through grants for education and community outreach projects.
SWCA Foundation Scholarship Program:
The SWCA Foundation is proud to award scholarships to qualified applicants, including those pursuing education related to the building and construction industries.
The SWCA Foundation invests in future community leaders by offering financial assistance to students through funds raised by the generous donations of members. These awards are available to association members' employees, their children, and others who are enrolling in full-time secondary education.
Students who utilize the SWCA Foundation Scholarship Program include those seeking technical training, leadership skills, and a wide range of degrees from various colleges.
The SWCA Foundation also supports our community through community projects, which pair members with opportunities to utilize their skills and resources in a practical way.
-In 2015, SWCA members from 7 different companies partnered with the City of Vancouver Parks and Recreation department through a grant from the Community Foundation to restore Marine Park and bring its facilities up to code and make them ADA accessible. These members donated their time, labor and equipment to replace 13 picnic tables and outdated drinking fountains, as well as landscaping improvements.
Read more about the project here.
-In 2016, the SWCA Foundation provided $3,000 in grant money to the YWCA to rejuvenate the SafeChoice Shelters. With this gift, the SafeChoice Domestic Violence Program can continue to offer a wide array of advocacy services, which include: safety planning, information and referrals, support groups, emergency shelter, legal advocacy and children's advocacy. These services are crucial to the YWCA in helping survivors escape abusive relationships and avoid homelessness.
Download the Community Project Grant Application.
SWCA FOUNDATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Stefan Granmo, NW Service Realty, LLC
Vice President: Tim Cook, Clark College
Secretary: Paul Dye, Precision Rebar & Accessories, Inc.
Treasurer: Jesse Murray, Painting Perfection
Garren Elmer, Northfork Landscape
Sheri Clark, NW Natural
Alex Barrett, Barrett & Company CPAs
Greg Usselman, Banner Bank
Scholarship Recipients 2017-2018
- Alexandra Thompson, Oregon State University: Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Alyssa Peterson, Whitworth University: Business Administration
- Colton Elmer, Clark College: Business Administration
- Haley Bannister, St. Thomas University: Heath and Science Studies
- Haley Buck, Portland State University: Child and Family Studies
- Hanna Clayton, Pacific Lutheran University: Nursing
- Hayley Krausman, Carrington College: Veterinary Technician
- Hunter Lindberg, WSU Vancouver: Engineering
- Joseph McNichols, WSU Pullman: Construction Management
- Katie Collins, Concordia University: Exercise Sport Science and Business Administration
- Katelyn Hill, Lower Columbia College: Nursing
- Megan Collins, WSU Vancouver: Elementary Education
- Mitchell Leon, Creighton University: Business Management
- Rebecca Werbowski, University of Washington: Business Administration
- Riley Grady, Western Oregon University: Education and Psychology
- William Trevana, University of San Diego: Industrial and Systems Engineering