Let us help you make the most of your SWCA membership.
Inquiries about benefit specifics may be directed to Lisa Cartwright at (360) 694-7922 or email@example.com.
There is great power in numbers, and providing our members with a variety of money saving programs is one of the key ways we help you build your bottom line. In this industry, holding a good reputation and being an established community member can greatly improve your business. We offer members a reputable network as well as valuable services and benefits at discounted prices.
Show off your SWCA membership on your website with this logo. Download now!
- SWCA 401k: No additional cost to our members. Save $1,500 on start-up and maintenance costs associated with running your own company’s 401k plan. The SWCA 401k plan is fully customizatizable and can be structured to meet your business’ needs. If your company bids on government jobs, the 401k also allows your company to defer fringe wages and avoid payroll taxes. Licensed and experienced financial advisor is on-hand to answer all questions, as well as educate employees.
Contact Darcy Altizer at (360) 694-7922 to get started.
- Life and Disability Insurance: These voluntary benefits can help protect families against rising out-of-pocket medical care costs, and lost wages resulting from an accident or serious health event. Available coverage options include: group term life, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group medical bridge, medical benefits, and value-added services.
For more information about enrolling, contact Brian Dickson at (503) 475-7400.
- Plans Online: Construction plans and addendums at your fingertips! Whether you are soliciting bids for your own projects or staying current on projects of interest in the area, the Online Plan Center offers access to the resources you need to save time and money. Training for this resource is also included in membership.
- Continuing Education and Safety Certification Discounts: As an association, we offer various opportunities to fulfill continuing education or safety certification requirements. All members, their employees, and their families are also able to apply for the SWCA Foundation scholarship to cover costs of continuing education and attainment of more specialized and/or higher levels of education or certification. Scholarship may also be used for the Leadership Clark County program.
- Directory Listing: All members are listed in our print directory. Basic online listing does not include logo and direct website link. Enhanced listings can be purchased with higher membership levels or separately. Priority listing (where your company is the first to pop-up online regardless of alphabetical order) must be purchased separately.
- Advertising: Three-month advertising on our website or plan center is included in some membership levels. If you’d like to purchase more advertising, consider upgrading a membership level, purchasing an advertising bundle, or sponsoring an event. Advertising creation services are included in our top membership levels. Interested in learning more?
- Skillfit: Finding a quality employee can be a challenge. WorkSource offers SWCA members free access to a pre-employment tool called SkillFit that can help you assess fit between a candidate and a specific job. SkillFit measures several key personality traits, cognitive abilities, skill and natural talents that can impact job performance. The insight it provides can help you determine who to interview and which candidate to hire.
Contact Darcy Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Public Notary Service: SWCA offers free in-office Public Notary Services to assist members in execution of Lien & Claim Releases, Certification of Repayment, Prevailing Wage, and other business documents.
Visit Lisa Cartwright at the SWCA office for this service.
- Advocacy: The SWCA is committed to ensuring that its 400+ members are well-represented in Clark County and throughout Washington state. One of the best benefits of being an SWCA member is knowing we have your back! While you work in-the-field and focus on growing your business, we’re doing the legwork of advocating for your business. Our only interest is to ensure that you can remain profitable and survive in all economic climates. Let’s face it: If our construction companies do not thrive, our state does not thrive. It’s our job to make sure your voices are heard!
- Contractors Health Insurance: Offer your employees health insurance through the SWCA Health Plan, partnering with Kaiser Permanente to provide unique and comprehensive coverage options combining the best of the Kaiser health care system with the convenience of the ability to use non-Kaiser providers. Service is available in Clark, Cowlitz, and Thurston counties. Coverage is available to contractors, as well as suppliers & associate members that do 50% or more of their business with contractors.
Receive a no obligation quote today: Contact Darcy Altizer at (360) 694-7922.
- Retrospective Rating Program: The SWCA’s retro group has been among the best performing in the state since its inception in 1997, averaging a 47% return on each company’s L&I premiums. Six informative safety meetings are held each year and are open to all SWCA members.
Contact Darcy Altizer at (360) 694-7922.
- Private Plan Center: The modern way to distribute your projects and bid packages. The Private Plan Center can manage your large files for you. With easy invitations and update notifications, everybody will be working from the same set of documents, so you never have to worry about miscommunication. Tracking log ins and views of your projects is easy and can help you generate an interested bidder list. You have complete access to which users access what, so you can give them what they need, nothing more. Keeping everyone up to date with instant updates and notifications will save you time and money. Training for this resource is also included in membership.
Free trials available. Ask us about utilizing a private plan center!
- SWCA Foundation Scholarship: The Southwest Washington Contractors Association is proud to award scholarships to qualified applicants pursuing education and careers related to the building and construction industries. Our Association prioritizes educating construction's future by offering financial assistance to students through funds donated by our members. Awards are available to Association members' employees, their children, and others who are enrolling in full-time secondary education. Interested?
- Member-to-member Discounts: Promote specials specifically for SWCA members. These specials will also be listed in our e-newsletter, Construction Connection, and on social media.
- Networking: Build relationships with our members by attending an event. Attending and sponsoring events hosted by the SWCA helps our members combine business with pleasure. We invite you to join this strong and growing network of community members. People do business with people they know, like, and trust!
- Job Postings: Post job openings on the SWCA website.
- Photography/Videography Services: Have a big project coming up? Want some photographs for your website? Always wanted a promotional video for your website or social medial accounts? Want to be featured in SWCA promotional products?
- Industry News: Every member receives a complimentary subscription to the e-newsletter Construction Connection and a discounted subscription to the Vancouver Business Journal. All members also have access to the new podcast, Contractor Chat, launching in March 2018.
- Sprout Digital Discount: Through a new partnership with Sprout Digital, SWCA members without websites will receive discounts on website creation and design services. Prices and information can be viewed here.
For more details, contact Krista Cunningham at (360) 735-4583.