Let us help you make the most of your SWCA membership.
There is great power in numbers, and providing our members with a variety of money saving programs is one of the key ways we help you build your bottom line. In this industry, holding a good reputation and being an established community member can greatly improve your business. We offer members a reputable network as well as valuable services and benefits at discounted prices.
When you save money, we know we've done our job.
Associate: You pay $405 annually. ROI = $4,500*
Supplier: You pay $550 annually. ROI = $9,500*
Contractor: You pay $665 annually. ROI = $18,000*
Contractor Plus: You pay $1,015 annually. ROI = $23,000*
*Return on Investment (ROI) is calculated based on benefits with a quantifiable value and an assumption that participating members are fully utilizing all of SWCA's benefits.
We help you win more business. We train your employees. We make you more profitable. We advocate for you. We build a stronger community.
...All of which are PRICELESS.
- Plan Center: Construction plans and addendums at your fingertips! Whether you are soliciting bids for your own projects or staying current on projects of interest in the area, the Online Plan Center offers access to the resources you need to save time and money. Training for this resource is also included in membership. Ask us about free trial access to the system!
- 401k: No additional cost to our members. Save $1,500 on start-up and maintenance costs associated with running your own company’s 401k plan. The SWCA 401k plan is fully customizatizable and can be structured to meet your business’ needs. If your company bids on government jobs, the 401k also allows your company to defer fringe wages and avoid payroll taxes. Licensed and experienced financial advisor is on-hand to answer all questions, as well as educate employees.
- Life and Disability Insurance: These voluntary benefits can help protect families against rising out-of-pocket medical care costs, and lost wages resulting from an accident or serious health event. Available coverage options include: group term life, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group medical bridge, medical benefits, and value-added services.
- Education & Safety Certification Discounts: As an association, we offer various opportunities to fulfill continuing education or safety certification requirements. All members, their employees, and their families are also able to apply for the SWCA Foundation scholarship to cover costs of continuing education and attainment of more specialized and/or higher levels of education or certification. Scholarship may also be used for the Leadership Clark County program.
- Advertising/Visibility: All memberships come with directory listing online and in-print via our Membership Directory. Three-month advertising on our website or plan center is included in some membership levels. If you’d like to purchase more advertising, consider purchasing an advertising bundle or sponsoring an event. Advertising creation services are included in our these fees. Interested in learning more? Visit our advertising page for more information
- Public Notary Service: SWCA offers free in-office Public Notary Services to assist members in execution of Lien & Claim Releases, Certification of Repayment, Prevailing Wage, and other business documents. Visit the SWCA office for this service: 7017 NE Hwy 99, Suite 214 Vancouver, WA 98665.
- Advocacy: The SWCA is committed to ensuring that its 400+ members are well-represented in Clark County and throughout Washington state. One of the best benefits of being an SWCA member is knowing we have your back! While you work in-the-field and focus on growing your business, we’re doing the legwork of advocating for your business. Our only interest is to ensure that you can remain profitable and survive in all economic climates. Let’s face it: If our construction companies do not thrive, our state does not thrive. It’s our job to make sure your voices are heard! For more information, contact Andrea Smith at (360) 694-7922.
- Health Insurance: Offer your employees health insurance through the SWCA Health Plan, partnering with Kaiser Permanente to provide unique and comprehensive coverage options combining the best of the Kaiser health care system with the convenience of the ability to use non-Kaiser providers. Service is available in Clark, Cowlitz, and Thurston counties. Coverage is available to contractors, as well as suppliers & associate members that do 50% or more of their business with contractors. Receive a no obligation quote today: Contact us at email@example.com.
- Retrospective Rating Program: The SWCA’s retro group has been among the best performing in the state since its inception in 1997, averaging a 47% return on each company’s L&I premiums. Six informative safety meetings are held each year and are open to all SWCA members. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Plan Center: The modern way to distribute your projects and bid packages. The Private Plan Center can manage your large files for you. With easy invitations and update notifications, everybody will be working from the same set of documents, so you never have to worry about miscommunication. Tracking log ins and views of your projects is easy and can help you generate an interested bidder list. You have complete access to which users access what, so you can give them what they need, nothing more. Keeping everyone up to date with instant updates and notifications will save you time and money. Training for this resource is also included in membership. Free trials available. Ask us about utilizing a private plan center!
- Member-to-member Discounts: Promote specials specifically for SWCA members. These specials will also be listed in our e-newsletter, Construction Connection, and on social media. Login as a member or email Andrea Smith.
- Networking: Build relationships with our members by attending an event. Attending and sponsoring events hosted by the SWCA helps our members combine business with pleasure. We invite you to join this strong and growing network of community members. People do business with people they know, like, and trust! A full list of events can be viewed online by visiting SWCA’s Event List.
- Job Postings: Post job openings on the SWCA website. Login as a member or email Andrea Smith.
- Drone Service Discounts: Have a big project coming up? Want some photographs for your website? Always wanted a promotional video for your website or social medial accounts? Want to be featured in SWCA promotional products? Contact Michael Pilgrim here.
- Industry News: Every member receives a complimentary subscription to the e-newsletter Construction Connection and a discounted subscription to the Vancouver Business Journal. All members also have access to the new podcast, Contractor Chat, available on SoundCloud and iTunes.